Sunday, January 15, 2012

Everyman's Journal 2012, #1

© 2012 Rev. David Seacord

January 4

My thoughts do not mean anything. (ACIM Lesson 4)

_______________________________

This year, while I am not being led to write a daily ACIM Commentary, I am guided by a call to get much closer to the Course's 'warmth' again. You know the 'warmth' I am speaking of I am sure--- it's that burning in the heart that occurs when something just read or heard or learnt blazes like a rushing wind through your being, threatening to explode your limited identity. And that is the attraction of the Course to me--- that I can count on it to remind me of who I actually am pretty much no matter what. That is why to me it is a 'wayshower', because it works.

However, year before last, when my writing schedule was a Commentary a day, sometimes it was 'too fast'... I often desired to stay on certain lessons longer... and so this year I am going to go 'off calendar' and let my learning curve establish my pace. And there are other things that will contribute to that pace too, I am seeing….

_______________________________________

This past New Years was a beautiful homecoming experience for me, as I attended a light-filled event in Phoenix called the RawSpiritFest. In a way, I feel as though I arrived a child and left a man. Not literally of course, because my shift was on much subtler levels than that, but like that kind of difference. By grace of listening intently and being open, huge pile of 'oh, I don't know's' were lifted off, and in their stead were placed 'yeses'. So I am kind of feeling quite expanded right now---which in the past has often triggered caution--- you know, 'get ready for the crash… all that'--- but NOW I am hearing a different message… a deep 'Yes' message… which says 'don't return to the fears anymore', and so my heart is singing and I am trusting in a new 'Yes' to life. That is very good.

It is so much easier to actively Love when you are a full 'yes' to life, right? In fact, it can actually be that suddenly there are no limits seen to Love anymore…nothing is impossible... Where will that lead me? I do wonder, but now I am not worried. For in trusting the 'yes' I AM demonstrating the knowing that Love is truly the best guide.

And here is another thing to see…. the 'Yes' of life is NOT 'a thought'. If it were, it would not 'mean' anything. What it is is a beyond-thought intelligent subtle energy that is reaching us through our intuitive feelings… when our mind is quiet enough, or when we are being in a group energy that is widely open, like at this past weekend's festival. And it activates profound shifts and awakenings… that is it's purpose.

To what end? Ultimately, to the end spoken of in 'the Bodhisattva Vow': the liberation of all sentient beings. Interimly, it always leads to 'the next step' for us, for mankind, both individually and/or as groups. This past weekend I saw and accepted that my next steps were all about being in action…about taking action in a new, much more powerful, much more focused way… and that this is so for a great many of us... that NOW is our mission time. Years ago I remember Werner Erhard teaching me that 'our agreement with God is to make the world work'. I see NOW is the moment I have chosen to become increasingly responsible for that. This is clearly a spiritual passage for me, and as I look around this world, I am seeing that what has always caused me to hesitate before is now clearly calling for my active Love. And my Love, my Yes, it says, 'With Love, all these needed things are truly possible'. It also says, "Within the Love there is no one alone".

Who am I to continue doubting the power of such Love. It can it will fill both me and you. And in the end, it shall unify us all.

Namaste,

David

***********************************

My partnership request.... Please consider yourself an important gateway this message is passing through on its way to others. Please do 'send it on'. Thank you.

************************************

Rev. David Seacord

Fine Art Painter / Sufi Cherag

david@davidseacord.com

www.davidseacord.com

(my fine art website)

www.davidseacord-everymansjournal.blogspot.com

(archived writings and poetry, circa 2002 to 2004)

www.davidseacord-acimcommentaries.blogspot.com

(archived 2010 writings on the lessons of A Course in Miracles)

www.everymansjournal2011.blogspot.com

(archived entries of this years Everyman's Journal)

www.thelovedeclaration.org

(info on The Love Declaration)

To subscribe, simply click on the code below to open the subscribe window.

http://davidseacord.us1.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=306aba00e6959c604de750bcc&id=62a1ee7045

No comments:

Post a Comment